Traditional, from scratch. The best! You can make the soup with any variety of our mushrooms. Here we demo with our Forest Blend as it offers a beautiful variety of colors and textures. If you want to stretch this soup out even further or just have a really chunky soup, you can add some fresh cremini. They take on the flavour of the dried wild ones.
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 25 mins
Yields: 4- 6
- 20g Untamed Feast Wild Mushrooms
- 3 1/2 C water for rehydration
6-10 button mushrooms (optional), sliced
- 2 TBSP butter
- 1/2 C onion, minced
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 vegetable bouillon cube
- 1/2 C bacon, diced (optional)
- 3/4 C white wine
- 1 C 18% cream
- salt & pepper
- Rehydrate mushrooms in 3 1/2 cups of water for 5-20 minutes (depending on which mushrooms you are using).
- Melt butter in a large pot. Sauté onion, garlic, bacon (optional) until golden and crisp.
- Add wine and simmer for 3-5 mins. Turn off heat.
- Blend or pulse mushrooms and most of the water you soaked them in, in a blender briefly to reduce piece size.
- Add all mushrooms to the pot and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 mins.
- Add bouillon, salt & pepper, and cream while stirring. Let simmer on low for 10 mins.
Serve with fresh warm bread.