Simple style cream sauce with fresh tomato.
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 25 mins
- 20g Untamed Feast smoked/wine aged chanterelles, Porcini, Morels, or Forest Blend
- 1 C water for rehydration
- 2 tbsp butter or olive oil
- 1/4 C bacon (optional)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 C onion, diced
- 1/4 C white or red wine (optional)
- 1 C 18% cream
- 1 C fresh tomatoes, diced
- salt & pepper to taste
- Rehydrate mushrooms. When they are soft, chop them fine. (Save the water).
- Heat butter or oil.
- Sauté onion, garlic, bacon (if using) and mushrooms until golden.
- Add wine to deglaze the pan.
- Add mushroom soaking water and reduce.
- Add cream, tomatoes, salt & pepper. Simmer on medium heat for about 20 minutes or until thickened. Prepare you pasta or main, cover in sauce.